18 Nasty Ways To Get Links – Do Not Try These
Following on from ways to get links, here are some blackhat nasty ways I have seen people use.
The people who use these techniques won’t use them on a domain they can’t afford to lose; some of these techniques may be long dead, and some are illegal in most countries.
- Hijack domains at the registrar level
- Refer spam
- Comment spamming anything that allows comments, not just blogs and threads.
- Start Hacking sites and insert hidden links in the HTML
- You should Become a host and cloak links within customer pages.
- XSS injection
- SQL injection
- Find exploits in well-known scripts.
- Start Finding demo accounts, default passwords, or unpassworded accounts to a CMS.
- Bait and switch
- E.g., frame/proxy a quality site, get links in the ‘white hat way,’ then switch to own money-making machine that no one wants to link to
- Buy domain similar to competitors, frame or proxy competitor site, contact places where the competitor has backlinks, and tell them to link to new URL since you are moving domains for X reasons.
- Lie – e.g., Makeout it was you who placed a backlink to a site and requested the link to the 3rd site of yours.
- You are redirecting your domains to a high PR site when PageRank changes start a link exchange frenzy before it disappears.
- Start Giving away scripts with backdoors or hidden links.
- Start Giving templates with hidden links.
- Join link exchange program, and cloak the links on your site from search engines
- Capture abandoned free hosting.
- Capture expired domains
These would be 25 nasty ways – but a few scumbag hacker types had objections. So these are 18 Nasty Ways To Get Links – Do Not Try These18 Nasty Ways To Get Links